Tuesday, June 23, 2009

childhood moments

a couple amusing moments from my childhood that i remembered today:

in first grade i was bragging to one of melody's friends about how good i was at reading. she showed me one of her spelling words and asked me if i knew what it said... i said "cigar" but it was "sugar"

in kindergarten when asking what i wanted to be when i grew up i answered "vegetarian" when i meant "veterinarian"

in first grade we were at an open house for melody's class and i was cold so i put my jacket on... it took me a little while with my little arms but eventually got them into the sleeves. when i finished i looked up and the adults were all smiling at me. i thought that they were just impressed that i could put my jacket on myself but it turns out that i put my jacket on upside down.

it's kinda fun having those memories of being so small and how big everything used to be back then.

1 comment:

Lopez said...

One of my earl memories (I was about six) is mom taking us shopping for Easter dresses. I was so jealous because yours was prettier.

Remember the time Arlena took you out of school early, bought you a dress and got your pictures taken? The were sooo good!! You have always been so photogenic. :-)